1 WHY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
Hotel Jerom attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. We only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant current legal regulations. Every reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act means a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
By means of this Privacy Statement, Hotel Jerom wishes to draw your attention to any processing of these data and to your rights. By using our platform/our website/our application, you explicitly grant your consent to possible processing actions by Hotel Jerom.
It is possible that this Privacy Statement may be subject to adjustments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial changes will always be clearly communicated on the platform of Hotel Jerom.
2 WHO PROCESSES THE PERSONAL DATA?
www.hoteljerom.com is an initiative of:
New float 15
VAT number: BE 0678.504.310
3 WHAT PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED?
Hotel Jerom undertakes to process only those data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data may be processed by Hotel Jerom:
– Identification data
– Financial details
– Composition of the family
– Leisure and interests
– Consumer habits
– National register number and social security identification number
4 FOR WHAT PURPOSES WILL MY PERSONAL DATA BE USED?
Hotel Jerom collects personal data to offer you a safe, optimal and personal user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as you make more intensive use of the platform/website/application and our online services.
Data processing is essential to the operation of the platform/website/application and the associated services. Processing takes place exclusively for the following well-defined purposes:
– Giving you access to your user profile.
– To offer and improve a general and personalised service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary to you, obtaining and processing user reviews and providing support.
– Offering and improving the products supplied; personalized and specific products on the basis of information and data provided.
– The detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal behaviour.
– Marketing purposes
During a visit to the platform/website/application of Hotel Jerom, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary in order to optimise the use of our platform/website/application. These data are: IP address, probable place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit Hotel Jerom’s platform/website/application, you agree to this data collection for static purposes as described above.
The User always provides Hotel Jerom with the personal details himself/herself and can thus exercise a certain degree of control. If certain data is incomplete or seemingly incorrect, Hotel Jerom reserves the right to temporarily or permanently postpone certain expected actions.
The personal details are only processed for internal use within Hotel Jerom.
We can therefore assure you that personal details will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties associated with us. Hotel Jerom has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to avoid unauthorised access and use.
During a visit to our platform/our website, ‘cookies’ may be placed on your hard disk in order to better tune the platform/website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimise your visit to the platform and to remember technical choices.
If you wish to consult the platform/website of Hotel Jerom, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. On the other hand, you can find out how to disable cookies in our Cookie Statement.
6 WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
6.1 GUARANTEE OF A LAWFUL AND SAFE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Hotel Jerom always processes your personal data honestly and lawfully. This includes the following guarantees:
– Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the described and justified purposes of this Privacy Statement.
– Personal data will only be processed insofar as this is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
– Personal data will only be kept as long as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the described and justified purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to minimise the risks of unauthorised access to or processing of personal data. In the event of an intrusion into its computer systems, Hotel Jerom will immediately take all possible measures to limit the damage to a minimum.
6.2 RIGHT OF INSPECTION/RECTIFICATION/ ERASURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you provide proof of your identity as a User, you have the right to obtain information from Hotel Jerom as to whether or not your personal data will be processed. If Hotel Jerom processes your details, you also have the right to inspect the personal details collected. If you wish to exercise your right of inspection, Hotel Jerom will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is up to the User in the first place to adjust inaccuracies and incompleteness himself. You can exercise your right of correction by providing Hotel Jerom with an additional statement. Hotel Jerom will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the supplementary statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only exercise this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
– When the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected;
– When the personal data have been collected on the basis of consent obtained and no other legal basis exists for the processing;
– When the processing is objected to and no overriding compelling legitimate grounds for processing exist;
– Where the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
– When the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
Hotel Jerom assesses the presence of one of the aforementioned cases.
6.3 RIGHT TO LIMITATION OF/OBJECTION TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
User has the right to obtain a limitation of the processing of your personal data:
– During the period necessary for Hotel Jerom to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in the event of a dispute;
– When the data processing is unlawful and User requests a limitation of the processing instead of deleting the personal data;
– When Hotel Jerom no longer needs the User’s personal data for processing purposes and the User needs the personal data in respect of a legal action;
– During the period that Hotel Jerom needs to assess the presence of the grounds for the erasure of personal data.
In addition, the User has the right at all times to object to the processing of his personal data. Hotel Jerom will then cease processing your personal data, unless Hotel Jerom is able to invoke compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that outweigh the User’s right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, Hotel Jerom will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.
6.4 RIGHT TO DATA TRANSFER
User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to Hotel Jerom in a structured, common and machine readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer these personal details to another person responsible for processing if the processing of the personal details rests solely with the User’s consent obtained.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, Hotel Jerom will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.5 RIGHT TO REVOKE MY CONSENT/RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
User has the right to revoke his consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to withdrawal. In addition, the User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of his personal data by Hotel Jerom with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, Hotel Jerom will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.